Consistency: Extra Stiff Paste
Primary Usage: Paint thickener. Can be used as adhesive
Special Properties: Almost as thick as #209 as Super Gel. Not intended to be used as a topcoat but has been used as one.
When you need a matte gel medium that can do it all - reduce shine, extend volume and thicken acrylic, all while extending open time, look no further than #208 Matte Gel. Our matte gel medium can be used for all this and more, making it a must-have for any artist or crafter.
What else can our matte gel medium do? Along with reducing surface shine and giving your art pieces a matte finish, it can also extend your color further without ever affecting the acrylics’ stability. It can even be used as a super strong collaging adhesive all while providing a pristine matte finish!
For soft body paints, our matte gel medium can easily increase its viscosity, giving you a thicker consistency that may be easier to work with. When properly applied, it maintains its durability and archival quality for years to come.
How to Use Matte Gel Medium
To get the most out of your matte gel, it’s important to know how to use it. Matte gel medium is fully intermixable with all Nova Color products and can also be:
- Mixed with Gloss Gel to create a custom satin gel
- Mixed into Soft Body or Acrylic Ink to extend volume and thicken
- Mixed into Heavy Body Acrylic to extend volume and maintain viscosity
To thin matte gel medium, simply dilute it with up to 25% water (preferably distilled water for the best results). Mix as much matte gel into acrylic color to create the viscosity and transparency you desire and let your creativity flow!
What the product does:
- Thickens & increases viscosity of acrylic paint (does not compromise color)
- Acts as an adhesive
- Reduces surface shine
How to use:
- Mix desired amount with Nova Color paint to thicken & increase viscosity
- Can be used as a collage adhesive.
- Drying time may differ depending on weather conditions & amount used.
- Mix with sand, crushed rock, glitter, wood, or other materials to create textural effects
- You can thin your Matte Gel by using water (over-thinning with water may result in poor adhesion)
- Do not allow to dry on brushes or tools
- Clean your brushes or tools with soap & water after use
- Dries permanent & is water resistant