Consistency: Stiff Paste
Primary Usage: Paint thickener. Can be used as adhesive
Special Properties: Not intended to be used as a topcoat but has been used as one
Every artist needs colorless paint. Sounds like an oxymoron right? Well, that’s exactly what #207 Nova Color Gel is.
Gel professional grade acrylic paint is one of the best ways to build texture and protect your artwork. This acrylic gel from Nova Color can be used for a variety of purposes, such as:
- Changing the consistency of acrylic paint to help you create different textures with the same base of professional acrylic paint
- Using as an adhesive, which is beneficial for mixed media and collage art because unlike typical glue it is completely colorless
- Increasing the transparency of acrylic paint to create shadows and depth in your artwork, alternatively, gel mediums can also extend professional-grade acrylic paint
- Changing the finish of artist-grade acrylic paint or be the final touch to add sheen to your artwork Nova Color Gel #207 dries glossy!
- Treating the surface of your artwork, no matter if it’s a traditional medium (paint) or mixed media. Nova Gel is excellent for adding a protective layer to your masterpiece
Gel mediums should be a staple in every artist’s creative toolkit, right alongside their selection of colorful professional-grade acrylic paint. #207 Nova Color Gel dries with excellent flexibility, never any flaking or cracking that could ruin the look of your artwork. When it dries, it also provides a chemical, water, and UV resistance that can help to protect your painting from the elements.
See for yourself the amazing quality of this unique gel medium. Purchase your professional-grade acrylic paint and more from Nova Color today!
What the product does:
- Thickens & increases viscosity of acrylic paint (does not compromise color)
- Acts as an adhesive
How to use:
- Mix desired amount with Nova Color paint to thicken & increase viscosity
- Can be used as a collage adhesive.
- Drying time may differ depending on weather conditions & amount used.
- Mix with sand, crushed rock, glitter, wood, or other materials to create textural effects
- You can thin your Nova Gel by using water (over-thinning with water may result in poor adhesion)
- Do not allow to dry on brushes or tools
- Clean your brushes or tools with soap & water after use
- Dries permanent & is water resistant