Consistency: Creamy Fluid
Primary Usage: Medium and Topcoat
Special Properties: Can be used as collage glue. Almost as durable as #216 Exterior Varnish
Whether you want to seal your artwork or thin acrylic paint, gloss medium varnish is a versatile medium to have in your artistic toolkit.
You’ve just finished a stunning painting, but it’s not complete yet. After your artwork has fully dried, a gloss varnish can be the finishing touch that instantly enhances and protects your painting for years to come.
Nova Color’s #206 Gloss Medium Varnish can help increase the transparency and gloss of your artwork. You’ve chosen the colors for your painting carefully and taken the time to mix the perfect hue. A gloss finish helps to enhance the depth and intensity of these colors so you can enjoy them even more.
A gloss medium isn’t only aesthetically pleasing, but it can also help protect your artwork. A gloss varnish works to protect the painted surface from ultraviolet light, dust, and dirt from wandering fingers. This can protect it from damage and even prevent yellowing.
Alternatively, you can also use gloss varnish as an acrylic medium to ease the flow of paint. As a fluid gloss medium, this varnish can also add flexibility and adhesion to your paints when you need them to be thinned.
This soft-body, all-purpose medium can be mixed into any acrylic paint or used as a final sealant to create a surface that is resistant to UV rays and dust. The high gloss can add a beautiful sheen to your next project.
Purchase #206 Gloss Medium Varnish online from Nova Color today.
What the product does:
- Dries a clear & glossy finish
- Increases color saturation
- Protects your acrylic work from dirt build-up, discoloration, & UV damage
- Can be used as a collage glue
- Mix with acrylic paint or mediums to increase gloss
How to use:
- Before application, ensure your acrylic work is completely dry (drying time may differ depending on weather conditions)
- Apply in quick thin strokes with a soft brush
- After varnish completion, allow 1-2 days to dry
- Cloudiness may result from excessive brushing or agitation or brushing after the film has begun to dry
- You can thin your Gloss Medium & Varnish by using water (over-thinning with water may result in poor adhesion)
- Do not allow to dry on brushes or tools
- Clean your brushes or tools with soap & water after use
- Dries permanent & is water resistant