Consistency: Slightly Loose Paster
Primary Usage: Texture Paste
Special Properties: Can be painted on. When mixed with the paint, retains the original hue.(e.g. Red stays Red, and Silver becomes Gray. Final result has a matte finish.)
The world of professional-grade acrylic paint is complex. After all, acrylic paint isn’t just simply the tubes of paint you see at the craft store. While pigmented professional acrylic paint is essential, so are the colorless binders that can affect the sheen and texture of your final masterpiece.
One popular binder is paste. Unlike gels and mediums, Tintable Texture Paste is opaque because it contains marble dust and other fillers that create a white or clay-tone finish with a variety of textures and properties. When used in conjunction with pigmented artist-grade acrylic paint you can broaden its working properties and expand your creative possibilities.
Not only is paste opaque, but it can also be used to create a variety of textures from fine details and outlines to drastic ridges and bumps needed when capturing natural landscapes. Though made with the same polymer binder as mediums and gels, the addition of other ingredients makes it thick and better handled with knives or palate brushes as opposed to your typical brush.
Pastes are also known to dry quickly, so adding them to professional-grade acrylic paint can make your artwork dry faster. But no matter how you use paste, you can rest assured that it will add texture and detail to your artwork that acrylic paint and other mediums alone could not accomplish.
Want to experiment with acrylic paste for yourself? Look no further than Nova Color’s #218 Tintable Texture Paste and our vast selection of colorful professional-grade acrylic paint available for purchase online today!
What the product does:
- Creates texture
- Dries to a hard mass
- Dry surface can be painted with acrylic paint
- Mix with acrylic paint to create matte colors
How to use:
- Apply to your non-slick/non-oily surface using a knife or tool
- Apply in thin layers to avoid cracking (allow each layer to dry in between layers)
- Ensure the texture paste is fully dried before sanding & have fun molding & creating texture
- Drying time may differ depending on weather conditions & amount used.
- Mix with #207 Nova Gel to avoid cracking
- You can mix your Nova Color paints to create colored texture
- You can thin your tintable Texture Paste by using water (over-thinning with water may result in poor adhesion)
- Do not allow to dry on brushes or tools
- Clean your brushes or tools with soap & water after use
- Dries permanent & is water resistant