Consistency: Heavy Creamy Fluid
Primary Usage: Topcoat
Special Properties: Can be used as collage glue or medium.
What do you do after finishing a work of art? While the hard part might be done, you should never simply let your painting be after it’s dried. Matte varnish for acrylic paintings can be applied over dry paint film and serves several purposes. Perhaps most importantly, a matte varnish will protect your painting surface from the environment. Secondly, a matte varnish can be used to change or unify a painting’s surface sheen, in this instance making it uniformly matte.
Nova Color’s permanent matte varnish for acrylics gives your paintings a professional finish in a matter of hours. Our acrylic matte varnish appears translucent when wet but dries clear to non-tacky, hard, flexible surfaces. It’s ideal for interior and exterior use, so you can even use our matte varnish on your outdoor murals! Just make sure your artwork is completely dry before applying matte varnish to it.
Our matte varnish will keep your artwork protected from dirt, dust, and oil all while helping to level and even out your artwork. It’s also non-yellowing and water-resistant when dry, so you can rest assured that our matte varnish won’t affect any of your carefully chosen colors over time.
Make sure to invest in our matte varnish for acrylic paintings so you can be prepared to protect your next art project with this classic, professional finish. Purchase #205 Matte Varnish online today for easy delivery right to your door!
What the product does:
- Dries a clear & satin finish
- Increases color saturation
- Protects your acrylic work from dirt build-up, discoloration, & UV damage
How to use:
- Before application, ensure your acrylic work is completely dry (drying time may differ depending on weather conditions)
- Apply in quick thin strokes with a soft brush
- After varnish completion, allow 1-2 days to dry
- Cloudiness may result from excessive brushing or agitation or brushing after the film has begun to dry
- You can thin your Matte Varnish by using water (over-thinning with water may result in poor adhesion)
- Do not allow to dry on brushes or tools
- Clean your brushes or tools with soap & water after use
- Dries permanent & is water resistant