Consistency: Heavy Stiff paste
Primary Usage: White Texture Paste
Special Properties: Can be painted on. When mixed with paints produces tints. Sandable
An opaque white heavy stiff paste that is used to create sculptural & moldable texture.
Artist's texture paste is a type of medium used in painting and mixed media art to build defined shapes and create texture and patterns on a surface. It is made of a mixture of acrylic polymer, mineral powder, and other additives.
Texture paste is applied to a surface using a palette knife, brush, or other tool, and can be used to create a variety of effects, such as raised bumps, ridges, and patterns. It can also be used to fill in gaps or cracks in a surface, or to create a smooth, even base layer for further painting.
Some artists also use texture paste to create collages or mixed media pieces, as it can be layered with other materials such as paper, fabric, or found objects.
Texture paste can be colored, mixing in acrylic paints from Nova Color. Customize the paste by inking or painting it.
What the product does:
- Texture Paste is used to create 3D structure & texture
- Dries to a hard mass
- Dried texture paste can be sanded or painted with acrylic paint
How to use:
- Apply to your non-slick/non-oily surface using a knife or tool
- Apply in thin layers to avoid cracking (allow each layer to dry in between layers)
- Ensure the texture paste is fully dried before sanding & have fun molding & creating texture
- Drying time may differ depending on weather conditions & amount used
- Mix with #207 Nova Gel to avoid cracking
- You can mix your Nova Color paints to create a colored texture
- You can thin your texture paste by using water (over-thinning with water may result in poor adhesion)
- Do not allow it to dry on brushes or tools
- Clean your brushes or tools with soap & water after use
- Dries permanent & is water resistant