When you want to create stunning textures in your painting, an eclectic collage, or a mixed media art piece, you need a Super Gel that can do it all. Our #209 Super Gel paste is an EXTRA stiff paste that’s perfect for thickening your acrylic paint or used as an adhesive for collages, mixed media pieces, and more.
The clear Super Gel paste can be easily added to your acrylic paints to make them extra thick when you need to create texture. And it never compromises the color of your vibrant acrylics. With Super Gel, you’re in complete control of the thickness and viscosity of your paints.
Along with thickening your paint, Super Gel paste is the perfect medium when you want to experiment with unique textures. You can easily mix sand, crushed rock, glitter, or other materials into the Super Gel paste to create one-of-a-kind textural effects on your canvas.
Plus, Super Gel can work double duty to also act as an adhesive for all your collage needs. And while it’s not intended to be used as a topcoat, Super Gel has been used as one due to its transparency and glossy finish.
Learn more tips and tricks for how to use our Super Gel paste below.
Consistency: Extra Stiff Paste
Primary Usage: Paint thickener. Can be used as adhesive
Special Properties: Not intended to be used as a topcoat but has been used as one.
What the product does:
- Thickens & increases viscosity of acrylic paint (does not compromise color)
- Acts as an adhesive
How to use:
- Mix desired amount with Nova Color paint to thicken & increase viscosity
- Can be used as a collage adhesive.
- Drying time may differ depending on weather conditions & amount used.
- Mix with sand, crushed rock, glitter, wood, or other materials to create textural effects
- You can thin your Super Gel by using water (over-thinning with water may result in poor adhesion)
- Do not allow to dry on brushes or tools
- Clean your brushes or tools with soap & water after use
- Dries permanent & is water resistant